Thursday, April 2, 2009

I love Thursdays!!




So I love Thursdays. I am having a great day. It started out cuddling and reading stories with my little guy. Then hanging out with the baby. Walking in the crisp morning air (it was -5, but warming up and should reach 5 by this afternoon). After that I ran on the treadmill, and it was such a good run!! I did a virtual reality course on the treadmill with ups and downs. It was 8.44km and I was planning on running about 8.5kph, but it ended up on the downhill section I'd go faster and before I knew it, I had finished the run with an average pace of 9.7kph. That is so huge!! I am really hoping to break an hour this year in a 10km race. I am signed up for one in September. It has a huge hill, but it might still be achievable, especially if I keep up these kinds of runs. Needless to say, it was a fantastic run. I loved it. It felt great and I ran strong, even thinking about my technique at times!!

Anyhow, that's it. But there is still so much more to this Thursday. I will be meeting up with a friend this afternoon. After that, Sebastian and I get to go skating together. Then, we're eating pizza for supper. And we're visiting some other friends in the evening. And Thursday usually has some good tv as well. Oh, and speaking of good tv, I loved Biggest Loser this week. I was sad that the new girl went home, but I know it is a game. I think the beauty of this season, is that so far, it hasn't been as much about the game as it has been about honouring the wishes of people. People who were ready to leave were the ones sent home, and not the biggest threats, etc. I know it will become more of a game now, but the spirit of the show has been so apparent so far, and I love that!! I even stopped my ice cream in front of the tv while watching biggest loser moments.

And finally, I want to start getting back to photography again. I love taking pictures and trying to nail the really good shots. So I will include a couple of those, and one of me post run... not super glamourous, but hopefully you can see the pure joy that running provides me!!

No comments: