Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time to declutter and clean more...

So, it is now less than two weeks away from the baby's arrival. That is quite scary sounding. I am not quite sure exactly how it will work having Sebastian at home along with a new child who is depending on me for every need. I hope it will go well, but I still worry about whether or not I will love the new child as much as I do Sebastian. All in good time however.

In the meantime, I'm trying to tidy things up and get ready for this new child. I am randomly cleaning in the oddest of places. I want to try and get a whole lot of clutter out of this house. So far, I'm doing pretty good, and with every bag that goes out, it's a renewed sense of control. I don't want our house overrun with stuff we never use. It feels good to see stuff going out and that there is less stuff to worry about storing. I don't know how much I'll get done, but every little bit is something. I have already started on the office a bit (scary), and sorted through all the winter gear (tossing out mitts and hats that never get worn or have no matchers), and I cleaned one of the shelves in our pantry closet. The best part is, we find something we've been missing in almost every place that gets tidied, so I know we're doing well!! And, the husband is even on board with this, for the most part. And since he's off between now and the new year, that's even better because things are actually getting accomplished!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, baby is going to be here in no time. Decluttering feels awesome!

Lisa said...

Hmmmmm.... decluttering?? Cleaning??? NESTING??!~!!!! I'm just sayin'... when I was a preggo as you, I did all of the above (oh and MOVED) and out came baby!

It's kind of a relief to hear that bio mom's can feel that thing wondering if they will love they next baby as much, I had heard that, but it's nice to hear. A lot of adoptive mom's have the same thing.

Hope your next post is baby news!!!