Thursday, July 24, 2008

Time to declutter...

So, I am reading "It's All Too Much" by Peter Walsh. I've read it before. I love it. It makes me deal with the clutter in my life. Now that we're expanding the family, I want to trim some of our clutter again. This totally stresses out my husband. He'd keep everything, forever, if he had his way. But I hate watching the island in the kitchen get piled up with stuff. I know I am just as guilty as him, but we defintiely have stuff we don't need and we could use with a little more organization.

I want to be able to develop the basement, and in order to do that, we need to trim back some of the stuff down there. It's tough though, because there's so many reasons we keep clutter. I need to just be cutthroat and get rid of stuff. Easier said than done, but I can do it. So this next week, I intend to do exactly that. The less stuff we have, the easier it is to stay organized!!

Not sure which area to attack first, but I will figure it out!!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I married one of those too! But in my case I am BRUTAL - everything that annoys me just goes. So if it means I have to hide the junk to take it to the tip, I'll do that!
Enjoy!