Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another marathon maybe...

So, I watched the Biggest Loser tonight and absolutely loved it. It was so inspiring to watch the final four complete a marathon. It was impressive. Even Ron, who probably shouldn't have finished, pushed through and now the world knows that he could do it. I mean, anyone can run a marathon. Truly. I have mentored in the past, with Team In Training, and I love watching people go through the training and emotions of distance running. It's so neat to see people who really aren't sure they can, succeed at running races. Just like the people on the show. Anyone can complete a marathon. I've seen it happen, and it's great.

With all of this, I feel inspired to run another marathon. I'm not sure when or where though. Likely in the fall, maybe the winter or maybe the spring. I have to balance life with long distance training because it is a lot of work. But, the time has come to figure out which race it is going to be. Or maybe this is when I should start considering a triathlon. I was thinking of waiting until my kids were in school, but really, why not now?

Life is busy, but I won't keep making excuses for not getting out there and exercising. Because, if I'm training for a goal, then I have something to look forward to. Maybe that's been my problem... I don't have a goal race yet... time to figure out what the next goal race will be!! Suggestions are appreciated!!

No comments: