Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Case of the exploding diaper...

I am in Germany right now. I came here with my mom. It was a very long day of travelling to get here. We are staying in Prien in Bavaria. It is very exciting because I get to visit with my friend Christl whom I was once roommates with, back when I worked at Disney World. Today, we rode the train to Munich to do a little bit of shopping.

After visiting a neat toy store, where I found a fun engine for Sebastian's trains, we went for lunch. We were eating outside at a table, enjoying traditional Bavarian sausages, spatzl, and schnitzel. Sullivan was a bit fussy at one point so I fed him. A little while after, I heard him making little farting noises, which really are only cute when you are small like he is. Anyhow, next up came the dreaded pooh. It made that squishy sound and soon began to smell like he had filled his pants. So, I reached into the bag and got a spare diaper, the wipes and a little mat. Keep in mind Sullivan is wearing disposibles for the trip, but normally at home, is in cloth FuzziBunz diapers. Well, as I stood up, we realized that the pooh had dripped onto the ground making a huge pile of fairly liquid baby mess. So, realizing that he had likely soaked his clothes, I grabbed the spare sleeper in the bag and headed inside to use the washroom.

Well, somehow, and I have no idea how, Sullivan managed to only make a mess on the streets of Munich. There was not one bit of pooh on any of his clothes. He was wearing a tshirt and pants, and somehow, the exploding diaper only exploded onto the ground, and not onto his clothes, or my clothes either for that matter. He did have a messy diaper, and had he been wearing a onesie or sleeper or anything else, he likelz would have made a mess all over his clothes, but somehow, I managed to escape that all together this time around. I was thankful for that as I really did not bring a whole lot for clothes!!

Needless to say, it was a fantastic day. I also found the German equivilant to MEC. It was awesome. It was about 6 floors of sports and camping. Really it was more like MEC and Sport Check all rolled together, but amazing. So many neat things there. I could have spent hours going through everything. We also found a neat toy store. And, it was fun seeing the city hall with all the statues in a sort of gothic looking structure,along with the famous church, which is, at the moment, under restoration.

This evening we hung out with Christine and her family for dinner. It was great. We had a nice meal of soup, fresh pretzels, meats, cheeses etc. She even made us dessert. It has been so nice seeing her again and meeting her kids. It is funny though trying to communicate since I do not know much for German and they and her husband do not speak English. Oh well, it makes for good use of my phrase book and dictionary.

Tomorrow we are exploring this area, and hopefully finding a hardware store (just for Jeremy!!).

1 comment:

Claudia said...

How bizarre! How did that mess not get on the baby's clothes?? Unsolved mysteries...

Try and catch Eurovision while you're here - the semi is tonight and big final on Saturday! I'm so excited I can't wait...