Sunday, May 3, 2009

He didn't stop smiling...






I had such a fun day today. I had a date with Sebastian. Yes, just me and Sebastian. The two of us. And it wasn't at skating lessons (which he hated). It was Sebastian and me at that went to Heritage Park together to spend a day with Thomas. We met up with another friend and her youngest guy. For both of them, it was a day with just mom, and no brothers around. It was fantastic. Sebastian loved it. He did so many neat things, including the merry go round, a ferris wheel (just him and his friend, alone, with the moms watching from the ground... and he didn't even freak out!!). We rode on the train, three laps. Sebastian was just amazed. On the merry go round, he almost freaked out when it started moving, but quickly realized it was fun (kept talking to his horse "old pete" (which he knows from Backyardigans of course). And once he started smiling, it didn't stop. He was so happy. Sir Topham Hatt was perhaps his least favourite part. He liked looking at him from a distance, but didn't really want to get that close to him when suddenly it was our turn. Oh well. I'm still so amazed at how good he did today, but also at how grown up he has become. In a million years, I never imagined he'd do the ferris wheel without me and I was so proud of him for doing it. It made me realize though, that he's growing up so fast. Before long he'll be doing all kinds of things on his own. Like swimming lessons that start this week, the transition class from parented to unparented. I think though, in the end he'll do better without one of us hovering over his every move (goodness knows it's not skating, so there might be hope!!). He's cute though, and growing up faster than I ever could have imagined!!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Gosh, my son would have LOVED that park! The weather looked lovely too, is that sun I see? Glad to hear you had a great day just the two of you... sometimes that's what is needed so the older ones don't feel left out with all this baby stuff going on.