Friday, May 8, 2009

Five Minutes...

So, this morning, I needed just five minutes to get dressed and get my hair put into a ponytail. Nothing fancy, just a quick change etc. So, why is it, in that five minutes, my son decides to fill his pants. Seriously, he'd been on the toilet a handful of times already that morning. I just had to shake my head!! Oh well, that's what you do when you are three I suppose.

On a more positive note, however, I've had a great week when it comes to exercising. I went to the trainer Monday. Ran on Tuesday on the treadmill doing intervals. Wednesday I went running with my friend, and finished my arm/core workout. Thursday I did the leg workout, and went walking, in the rain for 6.63km and included two hills in that, pushing the stroller and walking the dog. I really didn't allow myself to have any excuses. And really, there are not many that justify putting off exercise all together. Now I just need to continue on this band wagon...

And, in 3 more sleeps, I am going to Europe. I think I am in total disbelief that I am actually going. I am so super excited. I get to spend just over a week with my mom. I haven't done that in forever!! So, that will be a nice treat. Not to mention I get to see my friend in Germany, that I haven't seen in almost eight years. And, among other things, I get to go to Disneyland Paris. It will be a lot of fun, but I still can't believe it's happening. I am also going to miss my husband and son immensely. I can't even imagine being away from Sebastian for that long!! I will have Sullivan with me, but still, it will be tough being on the other side of the world when my little buddy and husband are still here. But hey, I know I can manage, and wow, will it ever feel nice to hug those guys when I get back!!

No comments: