Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally, a day off!!

It's been a long stretch. I just did 7 days in a row. Granted, the first three days were a course, but follow that up with 4 work days of 10 hour shifts, and it is good to have a day off. And, it's the only day. I'm back at work again tomorrow and the next two nights after that!! So, it's been a busy stretch, to say the least!!

I've had to sacrifice tv lately. The good thing is, I don't really miss it. The only show I have been consistently watching is the Biggest Loser. Everything else is up for negotiation, and real life seems to step in and win most of the time, which is a good thing.

My son is almost two and I want to spend time with him. It is so much fun watching him change and grow. Much more fun that watching tv. So, when I do have a spare moment lately, it seems to be more pertinent that it is spent with him. But that's a good thing. We have fun together, even if it's doing housework. It's so neat watching him help me with stuff!! He'll get puppy's dish and help with feeding the puppy. He'll help gather up laundry. He'll sometimes put his toys away (with a lot of prompting). It's great though. OF course we do other stuff as well. We're busy with books and pictures and colouring and circus and most of all, building train tracks. When he wakes up from his nap, I think we'll do exactly that.

No comments: