Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some yummy food...

The other night, my card group came over, and my husband and I made some food and drink. To start with we had a dip from Bobby Flay's "Boy Gets Grill". It was a sour cream salsa dip and it was amazing. We also made a drink from the same book called Mango Mint Iced Tea.



Both got rave reviews from my card playing ensemble.

As for the main course, we chose an Emeril Lagasse recipe from his book "From Emeril's Kitchens". It was a coconut shrimp risotto with peas and summer squash. It might sound a bit busy, but wow, it was fantastic. It was served with a roasted red pepper sauce, so of course we had to roast the peppers.




After roasting the peppers, the sauce was made in a food processor.




And the finished product was oh so yummy!! It was also loved by all who got a chance to eat it!!



I love food. Now if only the exercise could keep up with the food!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

nice work on the pictures!!! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Claudia said...

ooooh, your pics made me hungry! The risotto sounds so YUMMY and the sour cream dip too, mmmmm...