Friday, October 3, 2008

What a wonderful world it could be...

So, my work life has been frustrating me so much lately that it got me wondering what would happen if people who were promoted really were the best people for the job. Now, I'm not saying that all of the management types out there are bad, but it seems so many times, that the person that advances, it not the best person for the job, but rather the person who did the most sucking up or brown nosing, or whatever you want to call it, while the really hard dedicated workers, were too busy working to suck up. 

What would happen, if the people who were the most dedicated and best workers actually got promoted. The ones who understand the day to day operation. The ones who "get it". If these were the people in positions of power, I think most companies would run so much better. It's just a thought. I know it will never happen, ever, but hey, it never hurts to imagine what could be!!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

This is why women should rule the world - I think we would do more sensible things like that! At the moment it's all about men, egos and desires of power... yeessh.