1. Cookies fresh from the oven. Today I made cookies with my son and my husband. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed eating some of them while the chocolate chips were still warm. It was fun getting Sebastian to help with various steps along the way.
2. Unconditional love from my dog. Truly, Cronos makes me feel loved every day. Even if he gets very little of our time, he still makes an effort to give you a nudge with his nose and just let you know that he's there and he loves you, no matter what!!
3. The snow. I'm not a huge fan of winter, yet there is something truly special and magical about waking up to snow. It's so pretty, and it just makes you want to have a hot chocolate, or cookies straight from the oven, or to go outside and make snow angels.
4. Kisses from my son. He will spontaneously come up and give me a kiss. It's so sweet, and unprompted and just makes me feel loved inside, like maybe, just maybe I'm doing something right as a parent that he wants to let me know he cares.
5. Cuddling on the rocking chair. Again, with my son. He'll come snuggle so we can read a story, or watch some Backyardigans or whatever, but he just loves being close to me or his dad.
6. A husband who will help around the house. Even though he complains and makes it very clear that there are plenty of other things he'd rather be doing on his days off than clean, in the end, he does help out and now, our house is beautiful from top to bottom, and I'm grateful for that. Even if it was like pulling teeth to get the help in the first place.
7. My family. I love all my family. My parents, my brother, my grandparents, my other brother and sister, my other parents, my in-laws, my incredible aunts and uncles, my cousins. I feel so fortunate to have the family that I do. It might not be entirely normal, but I am so grateful for the relationships that I have with the people I am related to. And glad that I have had the chance to get to know some other family members better in the last little while.
8. The care I'm getting with my pregnancy. It's been at times, stressful, yet I have an incredible doctor, one that actually has conversations with me about life, and checks in on how I'm handling the stress, and just makes me feel good as a patient. And the people at the ultrasound clinic, they are fantastic. It's nice that they are keeping a close eye on me even though everything might be fine in the end. I'm glad that we live in a country where I can get that sort of care and it doesn't cost me anything.
9. Running. I haven't been able to run lately, but I am so glad that normally I can, and do. It's such a great way to relieve stress, sort out things in my brain and get a bit of exercise at the same time. I love races and look forward to whatever race is next up on my radar. I know that this year again, the Mother's Day race is supporting Neonatal Intensive Care, and since that cause is very obviously close to my heart, I will of course be running it again. Hopefully I might even have a personal best that race... once I can start running again, it will be one of the ones I'm training for!!
10. Prison Break. Okay, so that's lame, but hey, it's an excellent show on television and I look forward to it every week. And then, it goes by so fast. The plot is fantastic, the action is intense and the cast, well, they are all pretty attractive, especially that Wentworth Miller guy. Ah, I could look at him all day!!
There's so much more I am grateful for, but hey, it's late, I need my sleep and that's what I've got for right now. Now I'm happy. I'm also grateful that the baby to be gave me 10 good kicks tonight!!