Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cold season has begun...

Sebastian did so good for not getting sick for about 6 months and of course, that was too good to last forever, and in the last couple days he has succumbed to his first cold of this season. He's still pretty much himself, but his nose is running and he coughing a lot. It's so hard to see. I know it's totally typical for this time of year but it's very frustrating. He doesn't have really strong lungs so it's really tough to watch him battling through it. Plus, last winter, he ended up with about 4 or 5 ear infections and a lung infection. It's tough because his immune system is not very strong yet so it takes him awhile to get over it. And then, he ends up with something else soon afterwards. I really hope this year isn't like last year. Sometimes the leftovers of his preemie start are not so fun!!

In other news though, his future baby brother is doing well, weighing in at around four pounds now. Is still a big baby, but now at about the 80th percentile, so the growth has slowed down a little bit anyhow, but not too much. Still getting followed closely and go back for another ultrasound in two weeks. My legs are quite puffy and swollen. It's actually kind of gross. You can push into the skin and it leaves a mark. They asked if I was working still, and I may have to stop soon, so there is more time in the day to keep my feet up!! Oh to experience the quirks of a third trimester (this is all very new to me!!).

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I hope you get to go on leave early, but yuck to swelling. That is one thing I managed to avoid!

I have found with my kids the first couple of years are the worst for colds and then it gets way way better. But I may have jinxed myself by saying that.