Monday, November 3, 2008

A milestone of sorts...

So, depending on which fancy due date calculator you use, I am now either 29 weeks pregnant or 28 weeks and 6 days. Either way, that's past the 28 weeks and 5 days that Sebastian was born at. So, every day from here on in, is an extra day. A bonus day in the womb for this child. Something my body has never experienced. 

Do I still stress? Yes, it's in the back of my mind all the time. Every cramp, ache, or something out of place puts me into a whole realm of "what if" questions. However, I am so glad that we've come this far. Hopefully nothing will happen to this child, and the problems that plagued Sebastian will be not an issue for this little guy (well, I should say big guy since this baby is so huge!!). Oh, and the gestational diabetes screen came back as normal, therefore, this is just a big baby!!

We had a lot of fun with Halloween this year. We had a party in the morning at our house, with 9 kids in attendance ranging in age from 4 months to 4 years. They played and had a good time in their costumes (rat (my little guy), unicorn, teddy bear, dragon, chef, scarecrow, jaguar, bug, and fireman). I made a worms in dirt cake for the kids and served a sort of brunch for lunch. Of course all the other kids ate, but not my silly Sebastian!! He's going through a rough eating phase again, and has become super sensitive to textures and size, nearly gagging if something is just a little bit too big. I'll see how the next week goes and if it's still like this, then we might have to put in a call to the dietician and see if they have any ideas. Maybe it's just his age, but I know preemies and textures are a challenge on a good day, so we'll see!! Anyhow, in the evening, I was working, so Jeremy was at home with Sebastian. He asked if he wanted to go out, and he said no. Then, four kids came to the door trick or treating and suddenly Sebastian wanted to go out. So they did. And he loved it!! He took in everything. Went up to the houses, rang the doorbells, said trick or treat, even wanted to go in the houses. Said thank you. He had a great time!! Got to stop by his dayhome, and then afterwards Jeremy drove over to a friend's house with a yard all decorated up. Sebastian was a little afraid of the moving skeleton pirate, but otherwise had a great time. He truly made the most of his Halloween. And wow, do people ever give two year olds a lot of candy. He (or should I say we), will be set for at least a couple of months now!!

In the meantime, the countdown is on. I have only 17 days of work left. I am really okay with that. I mean truly okay with that. My workplace is still rough on a good day, and perhaps, after these 17 days, I might never have to go back again. And if I do, then likely it would only be part time. But I don't have to worry about that right now. 

For now, I will focus on starting to prepare for Christmas. It is truly my favourite time of year. I love the baking, I love the decorations, the lights, the general more positive feeling people have for one another, choosing the perfect gifts for the important people in my life, advent calendars, Christmas Mickey dishes, decorating the tree, listening to the music, watching the tv specials, you name it, I love it. And now, there's less than 2 months until the big day!! 

No comments: