Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life's List...

Lately, I have been focusing on my list of things to accomplish in this lifetime. It is a fairly lengthy list. I began the list about fifteen years ago, and have added to it over the years.

Travel is a big part of it. There are many different places that I want to see and things I want to do in some of these places. I have accomplished some of them, like walking across the Golden Gate Bridge and going to the Love Parade in Berlin, but there are many more. I want to visit Norway, Sweden and Finland. I want to go to Machu Picu. I want to take the Orient Express. I want to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. I want to scuba dive in the ocean somewhere. I want to climb to the top of some mountains (I've done a few smaller ones, but need a bigger challenge sometime).

And then, aside from places, there are things. Like learning to play the piano better. I want to work my way through some of the piano grades. I want to learn how to knit a sweater. I want to speak another language well, and more than just French (which I was okay at, at one point in my life). Russian, German, Spanish, etc. I want to take another photography course. I want to earn a fine arts degree. I want to live in the Caribbean.

As for fitness, I have run a 3km, 5km, 10km, half marathon, marathon, and even the marathon and a half challenge. But, next up it's triathlon. And then I'll want to do the Escape from Alcatraz one, and of course at some point an Ironman. And I'd like to try paragliding. I saw this once about twenty years ago, and thought it looked so neat, but still have yet to try it. The goals never end.

And this is just scratching the surface. It's fun working on this list. It is nice to see that I have done some of my goals, and it's fun taking steps towards the next ones. It's been neat hearing other people's goals as well. And let's face it, I might not accomplish everything I set out to, but if I even do half the stuff on my list, then my life is kind of neat, and my sons will see that they can do whatever they set their minds too (and will likely be coming up with their own lists in the meantime).

So, feel free to share some of your dreams or goals. I'd love to hear them and be inspired by you.

No comments: