Thursday, February 26, 2009

The second run...

In the midst of another deep freeze (it is minus twenty-one outside), I completed another run on the treadmill. It was again, a combination of running and walking, but it went well. In total I completed 6.43 kilometres in forty-five minutes. I know that isn't super fast, but it's pretty reasonable, given that I'm just starting out again, and given that it's a mix of running and walking. I got the first five kilometres done in 32 minutes and was pretty happy with that.

I love how I feel when I am done my workout. I love that it feels like I actually worked. I love that my heart rate was high and that I was pushing myself. I love knowing that the workout is over and I can enjoy the rest of my day without the workout looming off in the distance, with a fear of it getting missed because more stuff comes up. That was the beauty of running in the morning. Unfortunately, it can't happen like that all the time. Often, I will have to wait for Jeremy to return to get the workout in, which means the evening. But, when I can, I will workout earlier in the day simply because it gets it done for the day.

I am so excited to get the program next week. I have never met with a trainer before and I have high hopes that it is exactly what I need to get to where I want to go. I know I can do stuff on my own, but the idea of someone out there to be accountable to has serious merit. So, here's hoping I don't let my trainer, or myself, down!! Now the big question is... which race will be my sub hour 10km....

No comments: