Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A jumble of things...

So, yesterday we had our routine ultrasound for our new little munchkin. Of course, nothing seems to be routine with me, and first thing, we get taken into an office with the door closed. They wanted to know my history and about our first child. They discussed the first pregnancy, then asked if we had a child at home. I swear, Sebastian really is a miracle, because this is the third time that we've been asked about whether or not the child made it (and sort of most of the doctors seem to figure he probably didn't). So that was interesting. We did the ultrasound, and then of course, had to meet with the doctor afterwards. Surprise surprise, things are not going along as simple as we'd like. Grrrrrr...very frustrating, because really, I just want this baby to be healthy. Needless to say, the heartbeat is irregular, to the point that we have to go back in two weeks to get it checked on again, and likely about that often from here on in. Now, don't get me wrong. I truly am grateful that we are being watched closely, and obviously getting the care we need, I just wish there wasn't any issues to worry about. This is the second doctor to now mention the possibility of meds, so we'll see what happens in two weeks. Aside from the heartbeat issues though, the baby looks great. The heart itself looks great, we just have to figure out why it keeps misfiring (she used plenty more elaborate words, but that about sums it up). So, as long as that can sort itself out (which it very well could without any intervention), then things are looking good (oh, and did I mention this doctor also went over the first child and asked about his wellness and complications??). I think Sebastian really did the medical community proud and surprised a lot of people, and for that I am so grateful!!

Now, tomorrow, I leave for California. I am so excited. It will be so strange being away from Sebastian, but I think I will have fun. And I know I can call and check on him. Sometimes he will even chat on the phone a bit. I'm going with my half brother and half sister, and we're going to do the Disneyland Half Marathon together. It sounds like they might even stick with me, even though I will just be plugging along at a slow pace. So, we should have a fantastic time (how can you not eating at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant, playing at Disneyland and shopping on Rodeo Drive!!).

Oh, and Prison Break starts again next week. I couldn't be more excited for a tv show to resume. This is of course, the show that stars Wentworth Miller. He's so beautiful to look at. And, his romantic love interest will be back. Seriously, if you have never seen the show, it's great. I highly recommend it!! Oh, and speaking of good tv, there's a new Canadian show called Flashpoint, that basically follows a SWAT team type of thing. It's incredibly well done, and if you didn't know any better, you'd guess it was from one of the big US networks (and that says a lot!!). So it's another one to check out, and if you are from Canada, you can check out the episodes on www.ctv.ca . It's worth a look.

And finally, only 535 days until the Winter Olympics start. I love the winter olympics so much more than the summer ones. So, I can hardly wait. Added bonus they are in Canada, but still.... now if only I can figure out a way to be a part of the torch relay...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I didn't know you had this blog! I am so sorry that you are going through the stress and worry again with this baby. i was so hoping it would be nothing and they wouldn't bring it up again! But they will keep a close watch on you and the baby so that is a very good thing!