Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh the drama of being two...

I'm feeling a little sad right now. I just dropped Sebastian off at his new dayhome. He has not been very happy lately when we drop him off (tears streaming down face, grabbing onto your leg for dear life etc). I feel so terrible leaving him like that. We've been taking him 4 days a week just to get him used to it. Today was the first day for this week though, and surprise, surprise, it didn't go well. At least he's happy when we pick him up, but still, it sucks seeing him upset like that. I know that patience is the word of the day, but it's tough seeing him so upset. His early intervention person says it is perfectly normal though, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much. I'll take him to the park when I pick him up, and do fun stuff with him after the fact but geesh, if only he could pretend like he is not so devastated by my departure. 

In the meantime, I will spend the afternoon trying to declutter more of our basement. I really want to get that developed, and the only way that is going to happen is if we can get rid of some more stuff. If only I wasn't so good at procrastinating and was actually doing that now, instead of writing here. Oh well, hopefully it's my next stop. The list for today is long: laundry, moving toys out of our front room to a big bin downstairs, going through shelves, taking in the recycling, moving shelves around, getting groceries, doctor appointment, watering plants at my brother's place, etc. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: